Vacations aren’t always as fun for the kids if they don’t have anything special to do! Don’t let that happen on your next trip down to the Oregon coast! Check out these ten kid friendly destinations to make sure you and your family have your best vacation yet!
1) Check out Game Over in Lincoln City! This arcade has everything for kids, including food and drinks! The kid in you will also enjoy their wide variety of arcade games! Make sure to come during the day, as Game Over is open for adults only at night.
2) Whale Watching in Depoe Bay is a great way to introduce your kids to the ocean safely and learn about marine life at the same time! There are plenty of tour guide services to choose from, including Dockside Charters, Inc and Whale Research ExoExcursion, LLC. Book your tour today!
3) Ripley’s Believe It or Not! is located in Newport. This museum is fun for the whole family. You’ll be able to see several curiousities from across the globe represented here. Come learn more about the world in ways you never even imagined!
4) The Jennifer Sears Glass Art Studio lets you blow your own glass object right alongside the professionals! Choose your piece, your colors, and get started. The professional glass blowers will be with you every step of the way. Book early as they tend to be very busy during the summer months!
5) The Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport is the perfect place to bring your sealife loving kids! With interactive exhibits and live animals around every corner, you and your family will want to make this a regular part of your Oregon coast vacations for years to come!
6) Up in Seaside, check out the Seaside Carousel Mall! With over 20 great stores, including a candy shop, this mall is perfect for the kids on a rainy day! Collect some souvenirs to take home to your friends and family, or just to remember your vacation on the Oregon coast!
7) Vacationing on the Oregon coast means you’ll have your fair share of rainy days. Why not catch a movie during one of these times? The Seaside Cinema in Seaside is the perfect place for the family to watch a flick you’ve been meaning to see anyway!
8) Arcades never get boring, no matter your age! Check out the Finland Arcade up in Seaside! Food, games, and more await! After the rain clears, you can go spend some quality time searching the beach for random treasures!
9) Every year, from mid October to late May, Lincoln City hides hundreds of glass floats on the beach for you to find! Why not take a long walk during this annual event and try your hand at finding a free glass float to keep? It’s fun for the whole family!
10) If you’re looking to make some memories exploring the Oregon coast, why not travel to Tillamook Bay in Garibaldi? You can fish and crab to your hearts desire, or even ride the Oregon Coast Explorer antique train during the summer! There are plenty of places to hike in the nearby area as well!
Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure, or something to do on those typical rainy Oregon coast days, you’re sure to find the perfect activity for your family’s needs! We’ll see you on the coast!