Hit the saddle for an unforgettable ride through scenic beach trails and sandy dunes with local outfitter Oregon Beach Rides.
All of the well-trained and beautiful horses are stabled just a few minutes away from Manzanita at stunning Nehalem Bay State Park.
Beach and Trail Rides –
- 1 Hour Beach and Trail Ride – $125 per person. This scenic ride takes you down to the beach, through sandy dunes, and around beautiful Nehalem Bay.
- 2 Hour Beach and Trail Ride – $175 per person. This 2-hour ride leads you down to the beach to the end of the spit, over to the bay through sand dunes and ocean trails. Keep your eyes open for seals basking in the sun, eagles, deer, elk, and even the occasional whale!
- Private Rides – $200 per person. Special requests can sometimes be accommodated depending on availability.
Who Can Ride?
Riders of all skill levels, ages 6 and up. Riders must have the ability to mount the horse with minimal assistance, control the reins, ride alone, and follow the horse guide’s verbal and physical instructions.
Operating Hours –
- Daily hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Closed Sundays in July and August
- Closed July 4th/open July 5th
- Memorial Day Weekend – Labor Day the horses are on-site, stabled in the day-use corrals
- During the off season, please call to schedule a ride
- Reservations encouraged; walk-ups accommodated when possible
Helpful Tips –
- There is a $5 parking fee. Pay at the parking lot kiosk.
- For your safety and your horse: NO backpacks, cameras around your neck, purses, or selfie sticks.
- They have miniature horses to accommodate kids.
- We recommend reading and signing the participation form before arriving.
- We recommend calling to schedule a ride and time – 971-237-6653
Giddy Up – Book Your Next Coastal Getaway with Us!
Oregon Beach Vacations has a lovely selection of vacation rentals along the central and northern Oregon coast. Many of our rentals have hot tubs, and are pet-friendly, too! We can’t wait to see you on the sandy trails! Yee haw!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.